Wednesday, November 01, 2006


GOOPS

Well, here is a blast from the past! An old book Tina and I had a long long time ago had this little poem in it. Tina and I knew it by heart for a long time. I had forgotten about it! I actually told the poem to Kaleigh when she was still quite small, and it is kind of weird and appropriate for Halloween time. Although these Goops are a little creepier than I remember the Goops from a long time ago. Maybe my sister can clue me in on what our Goops looked like. Anyway, it is a fun poem to teach kids table manners. A good prelude to the "Manners Game". But that is for another time, perhaps? Just keep wondering....

2 comments:

Tina said...

"oh they live untidy lives!" was "They lead disgusting lives!" in our version.

I don't actually recall what they looked like. I remember our own illustration and they looked like Kilroy Was Here. All of them.

Heh.

I still know it by heart. Along with the phone numbers Mami made us learn (good thing).

Funny! Thanks!

Mark & the green mint ice cream w/ Manners Game. Keep wondering...

keeka said...

Oh, the perils of grape juice when playing the manners game! Well, it was fun tho wasn't it? Hee hee