Well, here we are in a new year, 2007 and as usual January 1st is the day to de-ornament the tree and pack everything away. It is the easiest day to do it because Carl is home and he gets all the boxes down from the attic! The kids help undecorating the tree because then they get the chocolate ornaments that are on the tree. It is a little sad, because the poor tree looks so bare when everything is off. This year Carl cut up the tree right in the livingroom and Kaleigh helped him bring it outside. She had fun until she got some sap on her hands, ewwww. So now our house is nice and tidy and this being a new year, I am really going to try to keep it that way...yeah right. Well, I can try anyway. Another resolution (kind of) is to try and keep from spending unnecessarily. If we are going to take a nice vacation this year or next I will have to work at keeping my wallet shut! So...those are my resolutions for this year. Keep the house tidy and clean, and not spending too much. I really should consider doing what Lee (bro in law) told me many years ago....take my credit card and keep it encased in ice in the freezer, so that when I am out and about I cannot just take it out and use it, I have to go home, defrost it and then bring it back. If the item is worth the trouble then fine, if not I don't waste money. Thanks Lee!
1 comment:
We keep everything up until Epiphany, which is celebrated in our church. I like to stretch out the holidays as long as possible!
Plus we had company on New Year's Day, and after that we plunged both feet back into school, work, volunteering and everything!
So it has to wait at least till the weekend - however, I'll be Yurt Camping, and I don't know if Lee's feeling ambitious enough to clean up Christmas with the boys...
Do I even want them to? I think I need to be a little more involved.
Post a Comment