Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mammograms should be called "Smashograms"

All you guys out there should count yourselves extremely lucky. At least they don't test for prostate cancer by squishing your...um... well, you know! We women have it tough. Not only do we have to have to birth children, but then from 40 on up, every year we are supposed to go and have two things squished flat as a pancake to test for cancer! Yeesh! I am guessing that a man created the mammogram, because I highly doubt that a woman would think to do such a thing! In any case I now have a full year before I have to be tortured again! Whew, what a relief! I never look forward to it, but at least there is no poking like the dentist!
Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for early detection of breast cancer but with all the technology out there, can no one find a better way to find it? I mean really! They can make computers do almost anything these days and they can see a full 3-d view of a baby in the womb. You would think that someone would figure out a less barbaric way to test for cancer in the breast! Ok, now that I have vented, I hope all women who read this will have their mammograms and if there are any doctors reading this, try something new, create a better way to test! Then maybe women will be more likely to come in and GET tested! Wouldn't that be great? Then we would have less breast cancer that kills! There would be more that would catch it early on and more that would be treated! Wow, that sounds good, doesn't it? So all you research techno-scientists, get on the ball! Please?

4 comments:

Tina said...

I'm still waiting on the Star Trek Medical Tri-corder.

Just pass the little dohickey up & down in front of the patient, and it tells you everything from your cholesterol to whether you need brain surgery.

So - yeah - someone invent that!

keeka said...

say, that sounds like a good plan. Is that the little fan-like thing that twirled above their bodies or are you talking about a different thingy?
heehee

flyingvan said...

I wouldn't dare say "I know how you feel"...I'm going to remember this next time A.M. sends me out for firewood in the snow....What, exactly did you mean, about techno-scientists 'get on the ball'? You're not suggesting a similar test for testicular cancer I hope

keeka said...

oops, didn't catch that one! Hee hee. No, of course not...I mean what man would ever do that kind of test? I mean women have enough trouble going to our test! I don't think guys would ever go to a test like that!