Well, Open House has come and gone, thank goodness! So much preparation and for what? Just a 45 minute whirlwind of parents, students and siblings! It went well. Kaleigh and Cole hung out with me before their dad came so they acted a little goofy and I got a photo. The other picture is of my classroom with the whole " pondlife and insects and stuff all around. The kids loved the decorations and the parents loved the memory books I made. They are not quite done so they were not able to take them home. But we did do a board that they took home with the kids info on it. All in all, everything worked out. There was one weird thing, my boss came in with a family, and then left! I have no idea who these people were and they were looking around and making comments and then the lady asked me for the handout that I was giving out to the parents in my class! All very strange! I am assuming that their child will be joining us next school year, but I don't care for the way she demanded one of the few flyers I had! She basically just walked up and said, "What's that?" and took one! I am struggling with my assignment for next year and I may have to make some changes! Wish me luck!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Open House - 2008
Well, Open House has come and gone, thank goodness! So much preparation and for what? Just a 45 minute whirlwind of parents, students and siblings! It went well. Kaleigh and Cole hung out with me before their dad came so they acted a little goofy and I got a photo. The other picture is of my classroom with the whole " pondlife and insects and stuff all around. The kids loved the decorations and the parents loved the memory books I made. They are not quite done so they were not able to take them home. But we did do a board that they took home with the kids info on it. All in all, everything worked out. There was one weird thing, my boss came in with a family, and then left! I have no idea who these people were and they were looking around and making comments and then the lady asked me for the handout that I was giving out to the parents in my class! All very strange! I am assuming that their child will be joining us next school year, but I don't care for the way she demanded one of the few flyers I had! She basically just walked up and said, "What's that?" and took one! I am struggling with my assignment for next year and I may have to make some changes! Wish me luck!

Well, Open House has come and gone, thank goodness! So much preparation and for what? Just a 45 minute whirlwind of parents, students and siblings! It went well. Kaleigh and Cole hung out with me before their dad came so they acted a little goofy and I got a photo. The other picture is of my classroom with the whole " pondlife and insects and stuff all around. The kids loved the decorations and the parents loved the memory books I made. They are not quite done so they were not able to take them home. But we did do a board that they took home with the kids info on it. All in all, everything worked out. There was one weird thing, my boss came in with a family, and then left! I have no idea who these people were and they were looking around and making comments and then the lady asked me for the handout that I was giving out to the parents in my class! All very strange! I am assuming that their child will be joining us next school year, but I don't care for the way she demanded one of the few flyers I had! She basically just walked up and said, "What's that?" and took one! I am struggling with my assignment for next year and I may have to make some changes! Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I'm glad it's done and you don't have to stress about it anymore. I know you like everything to be perfect for things like that.
Huh - your kids being goofy... I wonder where they get that from? Have you taught them the "wouldn't you hate it if I looked like this" game yet?
Hee.
Glad to see that everything is well.
Post a Comment