Oopsie!
Well, you learn something new every day! I found out um...yesterday, that unless you have a current TB test, you can't even go into your classroom! So my TB test expired in July (I did one 4 years ago) and I waited until the last minute to do it (needles ick), and then when I DID do it, I totally forgot about going in after two days for them to check it! Grrrr....I mean it was my fault no question and you do not know how I am beating myself up about that! But then I was told...again, yesterday, that it is illegal for me to work as a teacher without the current test on record. Well, no one told me how urgent it was....I know I know, duh on my part but still you think they would have been a little more on top of things! Anyway, so here I am, on a Friday sitting here while someone else teaches my second day of school....sigh....I think I need to get some serious help with my memory! I did invest in a small day planner, and yes, I have tried that before and I do well for the first few months then I don't do anymore. Well, I think I may have to try a little harder, seeing as how bad my memory has gotten! For some reason faces, names and places are no problem, but it is the appointment dates and times that I seem to have trouble with. Especially now that Kaleigh is taking Jazz, Cole has swim lessons and so on. So those of you who read my blog are my witnesses! I will keep my day planner up to date!!! I am even using it to try and put together a budget! Tina used to do this....she would write down everything she bought, which store, how much, etc. So that is my plan as well. I am going to try to remember at the beginning of each week, to write down all the things that are neccessary for that week and any other dates that need to be put in my calendar. I will do this on Sunday when I have a quiet moment to myself. Ok, that being said, I now need to go shopping to get Kaleigh her poptarts that I forgot to get when I was at the store yesterday!!!
6 comments:
If you do it on the computer, the computer can send you a reminder email when you want it to.
I do that with birthdays :)
Of course, then you don't have the calendar with you. I keep a little checkbook-sized one in my purse for that stuff.
I don't track money stuff on a calendar anymore. Lee does it with the money program we use.
You might want to do the big dry erase board for at home. It's really nice when you have multiple obligations and you can color code for different things (birthdays are blue, appointments are red, classes are green...)
Just a few ideas :)
And take ginko biloba - it helps memory. You have to remember to TAKE it tho...
Then how come you never remember my birthday?
I have a bunch of day planners with January filled out great. The rest is blank. Now Annamarie handles all scheduling stuff. I plan nothing without checking with her first. Sho doesn't mind becuase she knows where I am all the time. She's also tuned to fire season, and will tell people "Well, he's scheduled to be home but he could be sent out" Not sure how I got along without her.
well maybe when we visit she can give me some pointers! Like I said, it is all the numbers and dates that I forget! Well, I am bound and determined to get on top of things! So that way, I don't make the same mistakes I did before! And maybe I will start taking Ginko!
Thanks!
So Steve - when's your birthday? And AM's? And the kids'...
Fill me in, dude!
:)
yeah, me too!
We ought to generate a calendar with ALL the birthdays. Sounds like a job for Celeste.
Post a Comment