Well, we have a good friend who still works for Disney and she doesn't mind signing us in occasionally and we appreciate it! So, for a little treat, we decided to let the kids play hookie from school and I took a day off of teaching to take the kids to the park. We had to pay for one ticket as sign ins are only for 3 people at a time. I know when Carl and I worked there, the park was pretty much a ghost town from about the first of December through about the 10th. There are many little pockets of time that were totally slow in the park! By that I mean about 15, 000 people would visit on those days verses the oh...60,000-70,000 that you find on a typical summer day! In otherwords no lines anywhere! Unfortunately, I don't think those days exist anymore! The Annual Pass has brought those days to an end. There are so many out there these days that any day can be crowded just by the sheer numbers of Annual Passholder that go every other day! We found that the crowds mainly consisted of adults, young children (under school age), and twenty somethings. So there were very few school kids there unless they were on vacation, a few of those too. But all in all it was a fine day! We got to spend time with our family and see some things we haven't seen, like the Nemo sub ride. The kids tried Space Mountain and LOVED it! Went on Indiana Jones too, but were a little scared of what was in the ride verses the ride itself. It was a good day, but I do miss the emptiness of early december like it used to me....ah being nostalgic for the olden days...never thought that would happen!Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Holiday at the Park
Well, we have a good friend who still works for Disney and she doesn't mind signing us in occasionally and we appreciate it! So, for a little treat, we decided to let the kids play hookie from school and I took a day off of teaching to take the kids to the park. We had to pay for one ticket as sign ins are only for 3 people at a time. I know when Carl and I worked there, the park was pretty much a ghost town from about the first of December through about the 10th. There are many little pockets of time that were totally slow in the park! By that I mean about 15, 000 people would visit on those days verses the oh...60,000-70,000 that you find on a typical summer day! In otherwords no lines anywhere! Unfortunately, I don't think those days exist anymore! The Annual Pass has brought those days to an end. There are so many out there these days that any day can be crowded just by the sheer numbers of Annual Passholder that go every other day! We found that the crowds mainly consisted of adults, young children (under school age), and twenty somethings. So there were very few school kids there unless they were on vacation, a few of those too. But all in all it was a fine day! We got to spend time with our family and see some things we haven't seen, like the Nemo sub ride. The kids tried Space Mountain and LOVED it! Went on Indiana Jones too, but were a little scared of what was in the ride verses the ride itself. It was a good day, but I do miss the emptiness of early december like it used to me....ah being nostalgic for the olden days...never thought that would happen!
Well, we have a good friend who still works for Disney and she doesn't mind signing us in occasionally and we appreciate it! So, for a little treat, we decided to let the kids play hookie from school and I took a day off of teaching to take the kids to the park. We had to pay for one ticket as sign ins are only for 3 people at a time. I know when Carl and I worked there, the park was pretty much a ghost town from about the first of December through about the 10th. There are many little pockets of time that were totally slow in the park! By that I mean about 15, 000 people would visit on those days verses the oh...60,000-70,000 that you find on a typical summer day! In otherwords no lines anywhere! Unfortunately, I don't think those days exist anymore! The Annual Pass has brought those days to an end. There are so many out there these days that any day can be crowded just by the sheer numbers of Annual Passholder that go every other day! We found that the crowds mainly consisted of adults, young children (under school age), and twenty somethings. So there were very few school kids there unless they were on vacation, a few of those too. But all in all it was a fine day! We got to spend time with our family and see some things we haven't seen, like the Nemo sub ride. The kids tried Space Mountain and LOVED it! Went on Indiana Jones too, but were a little scared of what was in the ride verses the ride itself. It was a good day, but I do miss the emptiness of early december like it used to me....ah being nostalgic for the olden days...never thought that would happen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, I'm nostalgic for the rainy days when there would be no lines. I wonder if it's less crowded when it's raining anymore?
Still, you can't beat that price!
Remember when we only had 2 to sign in, so you went through the lines of people asking to borrow a quarter? The third person you asked said okay, and so you signed him in for free. That was fun :)
Glad to hear that working there didn't make you sick of it for life!
We have annual passes this year since Ina is staying with us. I guess we are part of the "making it full all of the time" group!
i LOVE those rides! They're my favorite! Space mountain is a trip though! Glad you guys had fun!
I don't think there is such a thing as a day with no lines anymore. I guess if you have an annual pass, however, you can walk in, check it out and if it is a slower day stick around, otherwise you can just leave! Of course, parking is another matter! And Rob, hate to tell you this (and of course it is no longer the case) but when Carl and I worked at Disneyland, only Disney Freaks had annual passes! heehee! We could spot them a mile away! Now it is more of a status symbol and more than half of Kaleigh's classmates have them! Wow. Who would have thunk it?
Post a Comment