Roar and Snore Part 3 - Some Cool Animals
So, here are some more photos. There are so many more! But these are some of my favs. Kaleigh of course had a great time even though at first she was a little bothered by what her two best friends got (they were in the premium tents), but soon she took it in stride and even went on to say she thought our tent was more camping, less hotel roomy, which is what she wanted. One of the moms was really nice and gave Kaleigh one of the 3 travel mugs she and her girls got. She figured they didn't need three of them! I had given her a 2 for 1 coupon for one of the attractions in the park so she was nice enough to return a favor. They try...sometimes. Mostly I was disappointed by the leaders, that they would allow the troop to be separated like this. You would think that Girl Scouts should see each other as equal, playing on an even field. This just pointed out to the girls that some have and some have not. There were even a couple of the girls bragging about their cool tents and treats they received. This is something that would really make me want to pull Kaleigh out, but that would do more damage than if I bite my tongue and let her continue. So we are signed up for next year. She will be a cadette and from what I understand, the leaders will be communicating directly with the girls and the girls will have more control over certain things. I am curious to see what will happen. I think there will be some girls that are still overly influenced by their moms, but then their moms make poor choices, so I don't really expect too much change. At least I can let Kaleigh fight for equality vs me!
If anyone wants to see more photos, let me know, I will post more! : )
2 comments:
I love Kaleigh's attitude - it was meant to be a camp and you did exactly that!
I still don't understand the division thing.
How far were the premium tents from the others? In our area, to keep things more equal, the leaders don't even sleep in the tents with the girls - if it's close enough.
It should have been leaders in the premium tent with the lady & her oxygen, and the girls all the same.
Girl Scouts is supposed to foster independence...
Ah well.
I'm glad you're sticking with it though. Kaleigh is learning a lot about people, as well as figuring out how to manage unequal situations in a positive light.
Go Kaleigh!
And grats to you for biting your tongue & remembering your Off Fans!!
The premium tents were definitely in a different area, but not far away. The organizers did say that there had to be at least one adult in a tent, whether premium or otherwise. We were actually fortunate that all the girls had their moms with them. A lot of troops had just enough moms along.
It was an experience and Kaleigh did have a good time, so it was worth the effort, although I don't think I will bunk with that particular mom again!
Post a Comment