Kaleigh's Room - Before
Ok, so this is Kaleigh's room before the design makeover...well, it is a photo of the getting started part of her room. I missed getting a full room shot before we started. For example the curtains to the left in the photo are new. They will hang with black curtains behind them and will have tie backs to secure them when open. She used to have cute Ladybug valances that went with the walls and the blue curtains were kind of cut and sewn together poorly...these are the ones hanging behind the white curtains. Her room is being painted with primer today and then with "Cool December" white paint tomorrow. Her colors are black and white with red accents, but no ladybugs...well, maybe one : )
She is very excited about the room and we got the low odor paint which is amazingly true to its name! I have the room open still but there is really no smell at all! It is about 3-4 dollars more per gallon but it is worth it. Kaleigh is still spending two nights away just to be on the safe side. Then hopefully we will finish her room.
Later photos to follow when we are done.
Bye bye ladybugs!
5 comments:
Room makeovers are fun ;) We are still debating on the color for the bathroom for the kids... But we'll get it this week, probably :)
Ok, not fun. I am exhausted. Of course I had no help other than Kaleigh cleaning stuff out before I moved it...the first time. The painting took 3 hours for the primer and another 2 1/2 for the white. I couldn't see where I'd been so I probably did more than I needed to. The racks above her bed where a pain to take down and put back up. My back is killing me and my neck and shoulder problem came back with a vengence!
Oops. Not much I could do about that though. Carl did not seem to want to have any part of it. Oh and the paint cost $45.00 a gallon!
Part of that was the low odor but I think in general paint costs have gone up. And of course Carl thought it would be a good idea to get the paint at Dunn Edwards paint store! I would have gone to Home Depot! So I won't be doing this again any time soon! Sorry Cole, you better talk to your DAD about doing the painting in your room! In maybe two years!
Ok, once it is done, I will probably be in a better mood, but right now I am crabby due to the exhaustion! It will be at least Saturday before we get the dots up.
So photos after that!
Agreed. It's more fun if there's help.
I hope you at least had music playing. And donuts. You gotta do this thing right.
Man, that is what I was missing! Donuts! Sheesh, what was I thinking! : P
Post a Comment