Christmas Eve 2006
Christmas Eve was always a special time in our house growing up and I like to keep that tradition going. It actually makes it easier on family because whereas Carl's family celebrates on Christmas day, I do Christmas Eve. I have Carl's parents and his sister and family come to our house to celebrate the German way and then the next day we go to Carl's sister's house for a Christmas breakfast! It actually gives the kids two times to open presents! They really like that. I know at this age Kaleigh and Cole are more into the gifts but they really enjoy the atmosphere of Heilige Abend (Holy Night) Kaleigh has never bought into the man in the red suit, but Cole still thinks that someone (in his mind St. Nikolaus) comes and puts everything out. It is a very vague belief though. He is pretty certain that Mommy does it, but I think because of all the talk at school he wants to believe what his friends believe, sort of... Now when Tina and I were young we were banished into mom and dad's room to watch "A Christmas Carole" but both Tina and I have small houses and the kids would go nuts stuck in a room. So we send them out to look at lights, it is a nice tradition, although this year Cole was getting a bit impatient. "All I want to do is go home and open presents"! Pretty funny. So this is what the room looked like when everyone walked in...except a little dimmer.
2 comments:
Ack! You & Carl share a plate!! Lee & I are too stingy with our cookies - we don't want to share them. The only thing he gets all he wants of is the Domino Steine. I don't like the jelly in the candy - but he likes it.
It looks very nice ;) Good idea to have the music for the songs out.
:)
Music? Songs? We didn't sing songs this year, we listened to CD's instead. The green paper, if that is what you are referring to, is Kaleigh's paper that had the story of the box.
Post a Comment