I Guess I Take After My Dad!
Well, not to be outdone by my sister, with her yummy table full of goodies. I just had to get my two cents in too! I made 6+ varieties of cookies this year. One was a recipe from a 1978 cookbook that I had given my mom. Those are the Chocolate Gingerbread cookies on the lower left. Then I tried a couple of new cookies, Hazelnut stars (in the middle) and Lime Crescents (on the right). Some old favorites (namely mine) are the spritz cookies (upper right) and the Filbert Fingers (top). The tiny stars are just the hazelnut star cookies without sandwiching and without the jam. Instead I just drizzled with choc. Oh and not to forget my Candy Cane cookies that came out of a Canadian Cookie cookbook. In addition to these I also made some thumbprint cookies with jam that were made with Splenda for a couple of Diabetic friends and relatives. They were actually very yummy! So, as you can see, outside of teaching (only 2 days a week) I actually had some baking time. I worked last year everyday, so I was too pooped to bake! But I enjoyed it and Kaleigh and Cole helped a little. It got too hard for them at certain times so they kind of gave up on it. They did help with our tree a lot, they practically put up all the ornaments from the middle down. And Cole, as you saw earlier in my blog, got to put up the star. Other than the kids having a cold right now, things are good. The next update will probably be Christmas scenes, so enjoy!
2 comments:
I always liked the filbert fingers. I didn't do much other than the stollen, but I like the chocolate dipped pretzel rods. Those are really easy & very tasty. I use the Ambrosia chocolate chips from Costco, melt 1 cup of those with 1 Tbsp butter, and then just dip in the pretzels about 2/3's and set on parchment paper or foil to set.
Everyone loves them and they are easy to dress up to give to people. You can roll them in nuts or jimmies too. I'll bet the kids would like making those, because they are so easy.
I made 2 bags of Hannover Pretzel Rods this time, and I have one bag left. I might do some more and give those out to the mail people & Diana's paper delivery people.
Pretty cookies!
Red licorice is also good to dip in white choc and decorate with sprinkles. My 3 year olds in my class made some for their parents.
It was hard...only because they wanted them for themselves. We did not have time to make some for us! oops.
Post a Comment