2 day 3's? 2 day 4's ....or maybe even 5 day 4's?
Ok so we are getting down to the nitty gritty. The end of the school year is approaching, rather rapidly if I do say so myself. This begins the new school year planning sessions. Who is leaving, who is taking on other jobs, where will I be next year? Well, as it stands right now, I am still teaching 2 day 3 yr olds. Now next year they are offering 2 day 4 yr olds, which I would like to teach. So that is where I may be next year. There is also a few positions open that one of my co workers is going to go for, which would leave a 5 day 4 yr old position open. Now my dilemma is this... I enjoy only working 2 days a week, I love it in fact, however, our house is not going to get added to any time soon, since my meager pay is trounced upon by the tuition cost. I do receive a 20 % discount at this time, but my pay doesn't bring us to even by any means. Now if I work 5 days a week, then that would bring me up to a 50% discount. That is quite a difference. Including my pay, we would actually make a little money. To be squirreled away for...what else? Our add on! Or a new car, who knows. So what to do what to do....So as my sister did, give me your votes. Do I keep my sanity and work only 2 days or do I go for it (this is my eventual goal) anyway and get the bigger pay and discount? Both kidlets will be in til 3 and I would mostly work only til 12:30 or 1:00 everyday. So I would definitely have some time to myself, though not as much as I had hoped.
So, give me your input dear friends....
7 comments:
I managed 5 days a week, 4 hours a day just fine with 3 kids. I was home with some time to myself before the kids got back home, and it worked pretty well.
Now I am working 7 hours a day, and life is chaos. But again, pay is much, much better. So we are doing our home add-on stuff. :)
I think you could still keep your sanity with the 5 day work week. As long as you have a little time to unwind - you should be okay.
Your housework might suffer a little - but if it gets you a bathroom addition - who cares!!
The biggest prob is that I don't live so close. I would probably have carpool at least twice a week though, so I guess that would be enough...I am kind of leaving it up to God. If the 5 day position opens then I will go for it, otherwise I will be happy to continue working 2 days. He knows what I can handle better than I do, right? So I am unloading my worries and giving it to God. What a relief!
Isn't that great that you can always do that? :)
Yes, and it seems to get easier every time I trust enough to do it.
I am not so good at it when it comes to the kids tho. I still feel really helpless when it comes to sickness and bad dreams and so on...I feel more anxiety over those things than any thing else.
That and Carl flying to a job! EEk!
I vote that you don't go for the extra hours. The kids grow up fast. Keep time for activities with them. Allow yourself time for things like taking them out of school at lunchtime for a picnic on the school's front lawn. Be available to attend those daytime events at school. It's difficult to give up the potential extra $$, but it is worth it IMHO.
Well, fortunately, since I work at the same school, they allow for special events, I even would be able to go on field trips if chosen. They have Chapel on Wednesdays and I will be able to go to Chapel when they have awards.
I think it will also make a difference knowing that I have the whole summer off with them as well.
But I definitely see your point! Right now I LOVE my days when I can just pop in whenever I want or work in their classes. I will be able to do that next year too tho if I go into their classes in the afternoon. : )
Wow, sounds like an ideal situation. In fact, it sounds like you could see them MORE by working than if you did not.
Either way, good luck with the decision!
Post a Comment