Friday, August 24, 2007

No Photo Yet - Haircuts

Well, some of you reading know that I have short hair. Sometimes it is really short (Pixie style) other times it is a little longer, enough to flip up the back a bit or scrunch it. Well, today it is short, very very short. Let's see, I would say about 1 1/2 inches on top and about an inch on the sides and about 1 1/2 inches in the back. I truly love it! It is easier to maintain and I don't get hair everywhere. Well, not MY hair anyway! Kaleigh is trying to grow hers out so that when she cuts it it will go to "Locks of Love" and organization that takes hair and makes wigs for children with cancer. It is a great thing she is doing though the hair everywhere is making me nuts! I mean 3 out of 4 people in this family have very short hair, and her hair all over is just yucky. On the floor, on the bathroom counter, and of course in the shower and so on. I will try really hard to let her grow it out, but it is not easy. She has trouble brushing the bottom of her hair and I usually have to do it. It gets horrible tangles and she is constantly saying, "ow!...OW!" whenever I brush it. We are going to try to get some more spray in conditioner, since we are all out. So anyway, we all went (the kids and I) to the hairstylist and I got mine short, Cole got his hair cut for school (has to be over the ears etc), and Kaleigh had hers measured. So far she is at 7 inches from a pony tail top. She needs at least 10 inches to make the "Locks of Love" thing happen. So I will try to keep my sanity for about 4 more months or so. Apparently hair supposedly grows approximately 1/2 inch a month. More so in the summer months. Her hair seems to be growing pretty quickly, but I think this is the last time we attempt this because she is not the type that has superfast growing hair. My hair did not grow that fast either. So around the first of the year we may try again, unless I measure it and it grows faster, then we will do it sooner! Wish us luck in that department! One good thing, at least there is one less payment a month for a haircut. Of course Carl cuts his own. His is about oh 1/8 of an inch all over! Hee hee.

2 comments:

- Rob said...

Good luck to Kaleigh on her Locks of Love quest! Bethany has done it a couple of times, but her hair grows fast. Hayley wants to do it to, but her hair length is slower. It seems to get thicker faster than it gets longer!

Tina said...

Yay Kaleigh! Diana donated her hair one year. Mine was long enough at one point, but they didn't want the multi-thickness, part grey, home-dyed hair. Oh well.

Don't forget to post photos soon!