Saturday, January 10, 2009


The Canon SX 110
This will most likely be my next camera, as soon as I can afford it. I noticed when taking the last photos, see last post, that the focus will often times be drawn to whatever is BEHIND the kids and not on them even though I keep the camera center on their face and then push down the button part way and then move it to the composition I want. It is a pain and I of course forget time to time. So the result is a somewhat fuzzy photo. Not that I can tell from the display on the camera! I try so hard to make sure the photos are good but you cannot truly tell how they look until you get home and look on the computer! So this camera, with a better zoom, a better flash and facial recognition, is what I like. The other reason I want this camera is when we went to the kids Christmas program, we were really sitting in the nose bleed seats and we didn't really even bother taking any pictures because the camera we have now would have just taken dark photos from that far back. There was a lady taking photos sitting directly in front of us and I could see the photo in the display and they looked bright and very sharp! I asked her what kind it was and she let me know. It isn't exactly the same camera, but it is in the same level. I looked at Kodak and I looked at Canon. Canon is more compact and is more popular apparently. So that is going to be my next camera. Unless someone has a better idea!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I've noticed the lux is a lot better on my new camera too. I check to see how it looks before I use a flash indoors now :)