Sunday, January 11, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie Time! Second Chance Orders!!!
If you cannot read the small print (those like me 40 and above) the different cookies available are : Thin mints, shortbread, peanut butter patties, caramel delights (used to be samoas, I believe), Peanut butter sandwich cookies, Thanks-a-lots, lemonades, and a new one called Reduced Fat Daisy go rounds. They are $4.00 a box. Again, we are not trying to sell a billion cookies! If there are no takers we still have church and Carl's office so....no biggie! Again, we just want to make sure there are enough cookies for all! I will personally buy about 6 boxes! Yummy!

8 comments:

Tina said...

One Caramel Delites, one Thin Mints, and one Lemonades.

I will compare the Samoas & our Thin Mints, and just want to try the Lemonades :)

Thanks!

Tina said...

The other ones we have would be your peanut butter patties = our Tagalongs, the Peanut Butter Sandwich = Do-si-dos, Thank Yous = All-Abouts, and Shortbread = Trefoils here.

We didn't have anything like the Lemonades or the Daisy cookies here last year. We had a Lemon Chalet Creme, and low-fat Choc Chip last year.

keeka said...

ah, well, they all look pretty good to me except the caramel delites. I am not into coconut in my cookies.
But all the rest...totally!

- Rob said...

Watch out for the cookie police!

If there is one thing that stands out more than anything else as a difference between Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts it is the infighting. There are rules for when to start and stop selling and spies everywhere watching for violations. I have heard about various penalties for getting caught selling early. I don't know which are true, but they all sound bad.

At almost every common fundraising activity that I have seen for the Girl Scouts there are issues of one troop or another feeling that things are not fair.

I don't remember going through this with the Boy Scouts. We did have some events where the troops had to share a common calendar for things like selling in front of stores. However, I don't remember any situations of one Boy Scout troop getting upset about the fundraising activities of another Boy Scout troop. It probably happens, but not as often as I see it with the Girl Scouts.

Anyway, good luck with the sales. Bethany and Hayley are doing it this year, but not nearly as gung ho as in the past. Cookie Sales is one of those cases where the younger girls tend to outdo the older girls! Go Kaleigh!!!

keeka said...

I know, I am getting the word out but I am letting everyone know that cookie sales "officially" start on January 24th. At least around here! I figure I need to give Tina a head start! hehe!
I am basically going to make some small half sheet flyers for Kaleigh to give out to friends and neighbors (that we know) with our phone number giving the information and if they want to buy cookies to contact us. We are not going to go door to door to sell. Last year they had door hangers and you filled in your name and number, but they left those out this year do to budget crunches. But we can make our own apparently!

Tina said...

So let me know if you hear anything about the cookies with peanut butter due to the recall...

I don't think I'll be on the list since I'm not selling.

keeka said...

Huh? What recall?

- Rob said...

This may be old news, but the Girl Scouts have officially released news that GS Cookies are not part of the peanut butter recall.