Monday, February 09, 2009

I guess we're catching up...

I am always so glad when the stomache flu and those kind of sicknesses pass us by, our whole school has been running a flu/cold/whatever race for the last 2 months. I thought it had passed us all by, seeing as how the last of the sickies seem to be petering out these days. Well, I guess I was being a little cocky and on Saturday afternoon, Kaleigh started saying her tummy was bothering her. More achey than anything else but she was definitely not herself. A good indication that things were not ok. Saturday afternoon and into the early evening things got worse. She started in crying and saying she really didn't feel well. Now as far as Kaleigh goes, you really don't know how bad it is until something "really" happens. For a cold it is a fever, or usually you can tell when she has a real cold vs allergies because she is more congested and so on... Well, for a tummy ache (which, unfortunately, she has often due to her mother's nervous stomache condition) she tends to complain a lot and then later is fine and playing. Well, on this rainy Saturday afternoon she wasn't "getting over it". By 5:30pm she was running into the restroom to well, be "sick". I then knew without a doubt that this was the real deal. I know some of you have kids that only tell you they are ill when they really are ill, but we have a drama queen for a daughter and she tends to be dramatic over the littlest ache or pain. So you can see why it takes true evidence for us to really get with the program. So it is now Monday and the last two days have been miserable for her and I! Not a lot of sleep and not a lot of food staying down. Today (4pm as of now) has been better, and I am hoping it will continue into the evening and tomorrow morning. She is tired and a bit weak from lack of food, but she seems a lot more chipper and she says her tummy is better. She felt a bit better yesterday too, however, and I will be praying the good feelings continue into the rougher part of the day...nighttime. I would be ecstatic if she had a good nights rest, because that would mean she went an entire day and night with no problem and then she would be ok to go to school. I know she hates to miss, because make up work is a bear! Pray for her evening and night to go well!

4 comments:

flyingvan said...

I can tell this affects you deeply as there are very few exclaimation points in the blog. We'll keep her in our prayers...Chamomile tea is a great tummy soother too. A little honey in it won't hurt her either

Renee' B. said...

oh tell her to feel better for me! I knoiw its a little odd now buti need to order some cookies from you! What are the cost this year for each box and is pre-order over or just starting? When do booth sales start?

Tina said...

I hope she made it through the night okay...

I know there's the big field trip coming up that you're both excited about.

Sending prayers for wellness your way!!

keeka said...

Ok, first Flyingvan: no exclamation marks means I was really tired when I wrote the post!!!!!
Re-Navy, whatcha want? Boxes are $4 and the cookies are slightly different than up in Roseburg. I can email the form with photo but I need to get your email from Tina I think, I will check first.
Tina: Kaleigh is much better today but did not go to school, she is getting her strength back and eating chicken noodle soup and Gatorade, those really are the only things she wants. I tried the Chamomile tea is a no go. I love it but she can't stand the smell of it! Oh well. At least the ralphing part is over!!!!