We don't turn the air on in the house until about 4pm instead of like 1 or 2. The kids don't complain about the heat as much and I don't get bickering from them either. They have a great time in the pool together! Here Cole is doing his fake cannonball. He doesn't jump in of course so it only looks like he did!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Our "Big" Pool
Well, this is our new pool. It took some doing but I found just the one I wanted. Not too small (where the kids wouldn't be able to go under water) and not too big (too expensive or not enough room in our not so level backyard). This pool is 12' wide and 39" deep. It is most likely only about 36-37 inches deep because it is just slightly uneven, so we cannot fill it to the line indicated or it would be too full on the other side.
Cole and Kaleigh love it! They are in the pool every day, usually twice a day! I go in for a dip now and again to cool off and yes, it has saved us money already!
We don't turn the air on in the house until about 4pm instead of like 1 or 2. The kids don't complain about the heat as much and I don't get bickering from them either. They have a great time in the pool together! Here Cole is doing his fake cannonball. He doesn't jump in of course so it only looks like he did!
And of course the handstand! Kaleigh likes doing this a lot. Their favorite thing to do however, is to make a whirlpool and then try to swim against the current. It is a hoot to watch! Take it from me, it is nearly impossible to move in the opposite direction once these guys have gone around about 10 times! Whew! But fun! Enjoy kids!
We don't turn the air on in the house until about 4pm instead of like 1 or 2. The kids don't complain about the heat as much and I don't get bickering from them either. They have a great time in the pool together! Here Cole is doing his fake cannonball. He doesn't jump in of course so it only looks like he did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! That looks like a lot of fun :) I'm glad your kids can have a pool at home now. I would like something like that, but 1) we'd have to create a 'bed' for it first, and 2) I am a bit leery since we don't have a view of the backyard from the inside of the house. It would be hard to keep tabs on Connor at this point. I don't want him swimming alone.
Your kids will be like us tho - keeping an eye on each other & you can check on them from the great room, huh?
Good stuff.
Next thing - towel fashions...
Our summer---pool. Trampoline. Pool. Trampoline. Run around. Pool. Trampoline. Maybe Wii for half an hour; then back in the pool. They never get tired of it!
I think that is the reason I wanted more than a wading pool. The kids had so much fun with your kids in Julien that I wanted them to be able to actually swim a little instead of just splashing around. This way they get exercise and get cooled off! They love it! Next best thing to having a "real" pool!
Post a Comment