H1N1 Vaccinate or Not?
Ok, I have been struggling with this for about a week. Normally, I don't like watching the news because it depresses me and I have enough to worry about in my own world of school, family and money. So, the other night Carl and I are watching the news, not by my choice of course, and they are talking about 4 hour lines waiting for the vaccine. I don't like flu shots and I and my family have very rarely gotten the flu. Allergy problems yes, head colds, definitely, not too many fevers or stomache bugs. I have a nervous stomache but that is totally different! : P
So, my dilemma. Do I get my children vaccinated or not? I will not get a flu shot. I am not in the dangerous age nor do I really want to do this. I am a wuss and proud of it. If I get ill, I get ill. I will see a doctor if it is worse than a usual illness. That is my stand. You may bash me for this, whatever. I am however, grateful for any and all advise concerning my kids. I have about 50% of my friends and co w0rkers that say no, they will not do it, and about 30% say yes. The other 20% is undecided like me. Give it your best arguement! Yes or no.
5 comments:
I believe that proper nutrition, exercise, sleep, and hand washing is an effective means to preventing the swine flu for most people who are not considered high risk.
Thank you!
That make me feel better about my initial decision!
I vote no. Let their immune systems develop. Avoiding the horrible effects of Guillion-barre is ood too.
Ok, the first part I got. I may have a bit of a head cold so my thinking is a bit fuzzy on Dayquil but what the???? on part two?
Are you just making me think I am losing it?
Cause I may very well be! I am, after all a preschool teacher! I have no more brains after working 6hours with the little goobers!
Sorry---I misspelled 'Good'. I'm using the work keyboard Scott poured Coca Cola down. As far as Guillion-Barre syndrome, I know 4 people that got it after immunizations---basically screws up the immune system really bad and you get paralyzed from the feet gradually progressing up. It will go away eventually for most, but some time on the ventilator is par for the course. No thanks.
Post a Comment