I have a very bad feeling....
Ok, so this time of year I start some shopping...not really Christmas presents but there are a few items I need for Christmas Eve that I can only get at one place (unless I want to pay an arm and a leg for them). I am talking about my German Christmas "stuff". Tina will know what I am talking about. Lebkuchen-both Contessa and Bretzeln, chocolates and chocolate ornaments, etc. The place I buy them? Cost Plus World Market. They are much less expensive there than most European Deli's or Bakeries. Yes, they are imported from Germany and are Delicious!! So, here is the problem. Yesterday I went to Cost Plus and only found a small percentage of the usual supplies. I asked around because it seemed like a lot of just a few things. A certain type of cookie, a few chocolates, but the selection was about 1/4th what they usually have! I decided to ask someone if there would be more coming. Once I found someone, they didn't really know. I asked if they could find out. The person said they would check with the person who unpacks the stuff. He came back with "Well, there might be more coming, you should check back in a week or so." So I will check back in a few days to a week. I can't wait too long or else if they do get more in, it goes really fast! So I will have to make it a point to check again. Yes, I know it is early but the last time I went in early December, everything was gone! So, we shall see if there is now limitations on what can be imported or if I was just a little too early.
2 comments:
Ours (meaning Eugene) has a spot for the Contessas, but no product there yet. Diana & I will check again next week when I pick her up for the Thanksgiving weekend.
If that doesn't work out, I can order them online - I know if you order a certain amount (probably $50) there's free shipping. I already got a bunch of other stuff from Cost Plus because I signed up for a free membership. I got a coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase (so $30 for $50 worth of stuff)just before our visit last time. I had no trouble coming up to $50 in the shopping cart. We will have lots of chocolate ornaments on the tree & enough marzipan!
My other choice is Malincho.com. They have a WIDE assortment of Bahlsen and MILKA!!! I didn't check the shipping yet, but that's my last option. The Contessas are $3.19 a package there. YUMMY!!!
I like the large chocolate Bahlsen Bretzel and I didn't see them on that website. I did find the little ones at Cost Plus but I will be going back to check on the other stuff!
Cool website tho!
Thanks!
Post a Comment