Silent Auction 13th year!
Well, today was our 13th annual Silent Auction! We don't always have too many people, this year was about 45 of us. You wouldn't really know it by how many items are donated and how much we end up making! I believe our total this year came to $1, 867.00! Now for 45 people to put out that much money is...well...wonderful! 100% of our proceeds go to Missionaries, mostly dealing with orphans or just poverty stricken areas. I was a little discouraged last year and there were a few who thought maybe it was time to give it a rest for a year or so. This afternoon, however, made me more eager again for next year! I love doing it and making things! So, if it is only up to me to do...I may have to bow out for a year...but with help I am willing to go as long as people come and give.
One lady came for a visit from Arizona just for the auction! I was also pleased to have Kaleigh's two best friends and their moms come! Kaleigh and her friends are in the photo above. They had a blast trying to outbid people! They are growing up! So I was encouraged! I always get my teacher gifts at the auction. This year I got a homemade soup mix in a jar with Cornbread mix and honey, all wrapped nicely together! I also got some fudge for Kaleigh's math teacher. For myself, I bought a beautiful Thomas Kinkade St. Nikolaus ornament. The last thing was a couple of crocheted dish cloths, I like those cause I can throw them in the wash.
2 comments:
Great job!!! Wow - I'm impressed with the income - that's fantastic!
I posted on the craft fair where Connor's class had a booth today as well :) Go look :)
Yeah, this was the first time Kaleigh's friends came, they had so much fun!
Post a Comment