Tuesday, February 16, 2010



The Last with Glasses in the Family!


About a month ago, I started noticing that Cole was squinting a little when looking at things far away, the same squint that Kaleigh had and the same one I had at around 9 years old. So, once Carl got the kids put on our insurance, I took Cole in to an Optometrist that was recommended by quite a few people at our school and they did the tests needed, including a really cool new one that takes a photograph of the eye that basically tells the optometrist what prescription you will need! The still put them behind the machine and have them do the old, "is 1 better or 2? Is 3 better or 4? How 'bout now?" and so on. But they have a good starting point. We also got to see a 3 dimensional picture of Cole's eyeball and he let us know that Cole has very healthy eyes outside of the nearsightedness and the slight astigmatism. So we went and picked out the frames. He actually wanted some Nike ones that were really cool but they were a tad bit too big since they were not meant for kids. We ended up with these and I like them well enough. I am sad that his beautiful blues are hidden but unlike the rest of the family, he doesn't need to wear them continually. Just for the distance for now. Once I got my glasses I never really took them off and Kaleigh is the same way. We like to see...all the time! As you can see, he looks very distinquished for an almost 9 year old!



4 comments:

Tina said...

Hey Cole - lookin' good!

Is either kid interested in contact lenses? Diana has them, and really wanted them, but doesn't seem to wear them. I put that down her being so comfortable in glasses through High School, she forgets to wear them.

I got mine freshman year & never went back (except first thing in the morning to -- you know -- SEE).

keeka said...

No contact intrest yet. But neither is into boys/girls yet either! I know that was when I decided to try them out! So who knows? Cole doesn't have to wear them all the time anyway.
But, we shall see!
He definitely isn't as responsible as Kaleigh is! He left them in his desk at school today!

flyingvan said...

Nearsighted for boys is a good thing. They'll spend most of their lives post-30, when the male farsighted gene kicks in, and it tends to balance out for the nearsighted ones. The glasses look cool on him

keeka said...

Yeah, I am pretty late with needing reading glasses. At my age most of my friends are using them, but because of my nearsightedness, I can still get by without. It is starting though...sigh. When reading really tiny print, I have to lift my glasses to see it. But at least I don't have to extend my arm waaaaay out to read!