
Ack! Here we go again!
Well, this was a cute animation that waved it's hands and stuck out it's tongue but this will do anyway.
The time has come once again, to do the waiting game. As usual I am in limbo when it comes to what I will do at my school next year. It is actually a lot better as I don't think I will have to move rooms again unless I make a decision that warrants it. Right now, I am teaching M-W-F four year olds. Three days a week which allows me to receive a 30% discount on tuition for my kids. Last year, they dropped one of the Monday thru Friday four year old classes because there were not enough enrolled. This year enrollment seems to be a little better and they may reinstate that class which is where I am located right now. I moved from another room last year, hoping I would work 5 days, but ended up still working 3 days in the 5 day room.
Sorry if this gets confusing. So now, if they open up another 5 day 4 year old class, I would basically be first in line and I am already in the room. This would be really beneficial, money wise because with 5 days I would receive a 50% discount on our kids tuition. Big difference!
So since enrollment lasts until late March and we have a lot that can happen even as late as the summer months, I am basically waiting to see how enrollment goes to see what I will be doing next year, 3 or 5 days. If I work 5 days there is much more prep work that I will have to do so I am starting now! Just in case. I will miss my two days off during the week, but the money outweighs all my trivial wants! So if you are in a praying mood, pray that this is the right thing for me this year and that the enrollment is such that it all works out!
6 comments:
Good luck. Hopefully people have pretty secure jobs, but I still keep hearing of people in long-time jobs getting cut. One of the first things to go is private education if you have to cut back.
I hope your tuition is able to stay where it is. I'd be surprised to hear about it going up with the economy the way it is.
I would think pre-school would be 'safer' than K-12, which is available for free (well, by your taxes).
I wish they'd pass a voucher system in the law. Then your school's attendance would shoot up!!!
Praying for you!!
Thanks. At least I know I will have a job! One of the mwf teachers is retiring, so even if the 5 day opens and we don't have enough for 4 mwf classes, I will still be ok. And I don't think our tuition will be going up. No indication of that.
I assume that your situation is still the same?
Well, the girl is not spitting on me any more. So that's good.
Plus I found out she has no strength, so even if she attacks, it's going to be light swatting on her part. Lol. I can handle that :P
how old is she?
4th grade.
wow. all I can say.
Post a Comment