Monday, April 09, 2007








Oak Glen...The Tradition Continues






Well as far as I know, we have been going to Oak Glen before Easter for around 7 or 8 years now, other than the year I was pregnant with Cole. It was a little too close to the due date for us to go.

But every year is wonderful and the kids now enjoy it even more because they have a little more freedom to do what they want. We don't have to go with them as much. We are all one group at the Oak Glen Christian confrence center. We all know each other and the people who work there too.




Since I still cannot figure out how to lay out my photos, you will have to look at them all bunched at the top, I guess! The flowers are all over the area and are beautiful purple and they cover a lot of the ground. The family shot is in the cabin and is also part of our tradition. We always, at least always try, to get a family shot in our cabin. Then the last is a squirrel that I caught getting a drink in the fountain in front of the cafeteria.

We do really enjoy our time at Oak Glen, it is really a time to reflect and enjoy ourselves as a family. Then of course we come home and go to Grandma's house the next day for Easter! No muss no fuss! She makes something simple and we all go over and have a ball. We are usually a little more tired than normal, but we can catch up since this next week is our Easter vacation! Yahoo!










1 comment:

Tina said...

Those purple ground cover flowers are called Vinca.

They grow really well here in Oregon too. If I eventually landscape my yard, I plan on having Vinca on the slope. I planted starts from Mom K. on the slope of our first rental house (there were rocks with weeds growing thru when we moved there). Every time I drive by that house, the vinca looks great!

Glad you had fun!!

:)