So Far - No Fire Here
Well, so far we have been spared from any fire coming near us. They seem to be all around us at a distance though. Ontario is where Carl's sister lives and they are ok, Carl's cousin and family live in Irvine and they are ok, some friends have been evacuated and are living with relatives for the time being, most of which have moved out before mandatory evacuations. Unfortunately, some did not and when they tried to get to family they were stuck in a freeway parking lot for hours. One couple (older, from church) went to stay with their daughter who lives just 1 1/2 hours away and it took them 6 hours to get there! Whew, not fun. But so far, we are all fine, staying indoors and keeping the windows closed. Most of the time it is just hazy and we get a whiff of smoke now and again. The kids are all inside at school, no outside PE or anything, it makes it difficult with the winds, but as of today it is mostly calm. It was dead calm this morning and I was hoping it would stay that way a while but as I look outside I am seeing the palm trees blowing again. Well, I have to say we are really appreciating all the outside firefighters coming in to help. I am praying for the winds to really die down so that they have a good chance of ending the destruction! Keep on Praying please!
1 comment:
Well, I'm praying you guys stay safe.
Do you even have an idea of what you'd take in case you did have to evacuate?
My first thought (besides packing clothing, toilettries, etc.)would be original documents, photos & negatives. At least now with digital technology you can burn a CD with all your photos off your computer, if you can't take your computer.
After that, I guess we'd back up whatever we could off the computers we weren't able to take, and either info to the laptops, or burn it to disc.
Then I'd also take photos of all the rooms, just to have a visual record of what was lost if the worst happens.
I don't really have a lot of heirloom stuff - most stuff I have is replaceable.
I guess I would collect up what I would hate to lose in case we got the call tho...
Keep praying & hopefully you won't have to deal with much more than being prepared to go!
Post a Comment