Happy 80th Birthday, Papi!
Well, it may not have been too happy, but it was the 80th and we (Mom, Connie, Tina and I) tried to make it as happy as possible. Dad wasn't feeling very well, so when people came and he was asleep, they just waited and visited with us until he was ready to see them. They all wished him a very happy birthday and gave gifts to entice his taste buds! Since that was the worst part of his illness (didn't want to eat at all) we hope that the bad tummy goes away soon so he can enjoy all the treats that were given to him!
Tina made a gorgeous book (his autobiography beginning) and presented a bound copy to him. That was a definite winner and it won a smile!
Connie had a beautiful flag made up and Mom got a flag pole and a Canadian flag to fly on it. We all did the best we could to put him in good spirits. I helped Tina with the second half of the present. A digital voice recorder to tell the rest of his life story so he doesn't neccessarily have to get up and go to the computer. Good one again, my sistol! I on the other hand, did not have a cool present, although I came the farthest and that included a flight to Portland from the OC. That was a good present too I think! All in all it was a birthday to remember, for the good and the not so good. Fell better, Papi! Love you lots!
1 comment:
I look like I need a facelift! Eek!
Post a Comment