Thursday, June 05, 2008

Florists mess up a lot!
Ok, as you can see, this arrangement is very nice, a lot of flowers I like and they were sent with such love and sympathy. I was touched. Now comes the funny part. At our church the assembly is called "The Bretheren." This is because they originated from the Plymouth Bretheren, a conservative non-denomenational Christian church. So there is no minister, paster or reverend. So you can imagine my surprise when I received these beautiful flowers from the "Buena Park Reverend." Well, I asked Carl's mom and she said, "from who?" I told her again and she laughed saying that one of the ladies at the church HAD sent an arrangement but it should have read, "from the Buena Park Bretheren". So next time we went to church, I asked the older lady that sends the flowers, "so Donna, are you the Buena Park Reverend?" She looked at me and then burst out laughing! I told her what happened, we had another good laugh and then she asked, "well, were they nice flowers?" I said that they were beautiful!

Second part of the story...

So we are up in Canada for my dad's memorial and my mom received a bunch of lovely arrangements. One of which came from Carl's parents George and Annette. Well, again, my mom had a bit of a giggle and she showed me why. One the card from them it says, "Love, George and Nanette". Pretty funny. So, I am guessing many florists enjoy these little jokes. Maybe they even do them on purpose to cheer up those who are grieving. Carl doesn't think so but you never know!

No comments: