Thursday, June 05, 2008

Kaleigh's Bridging Ceremony - Brownies to Juniors
I am not too familiar with all of this Girl Scout stuff, all I know I have heard from sis, Tina and mostly about her "older" girl scout, Diana. The Bridging ceremony was rather casual and a little tedious for Cole to sit through. It may have been better if he could see more of what the girls were doing. They did some little puppet show and it was falling down while they were doing it. I need to let them know I have a nice strong, handpainted puppet theatre that Carl and I made. Maybe they can use if from now on! So here is Kaleigh as a Brownie, no uniform or vest, just the sash. We did work hard to get some try-its (badges) so that she wouldn't be going in totally bare! She actually had more than some of the troop brownies, so cool!
Next they gave her a little card with a slogan or motto to read, which she had no idea that she would be doing, but she did great! This is where she is on the "Bridge" ready to become a Junior! Way to go, Kaleigh!

Here we are together, since I am the one that puts the Junior sash on, I got to have my picture taken too! Woot! She was a little uncertain because she was the only new person there and they showed a slide show of all of the girls from before doing fun stuff. She told me later that she didn't think they would do as many fun things. I told her, don't think that! Tante Tina and Diana still do fun stuff and they have done stuff like this for years! So I hope that our troop will continue with the fun stuff! I will certainly try and help as much as I can! Face painting etc!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Diana loved being a Junior Girl Scout. She got most of her badges ever when we did Juniors.

You will have a great time :)

Congrats!

- Rob said...

Kaleigh can talk to Bethany and Hayley about some of the fun stuff that they have gotten to do in Girl Scouts (and still do) too. It really depends on having good leaders to create the program (like you or Tina or Celeste).

My girls get down on Girl Scouts sometimes because they are thinking about the "earning badges" part -- but if you press them then they will admit that they have gotten to do a lot of fun things that they would not have gotten to do without Girl Scouts being there.

Congrats on doing a "single handed" job of moving her along!

Anonymous said...

we really didnt do much badges but its not about the badges!! remember kaleigh that it is about doing what the moto says and finding yourself!! Trust me it gets more and more fun as you go on!! I never was a junior but i would not have it any other way!! you'll have fun!!