Graffiti Weekend...we just did Saturday...
This was pretty fun! The day this happened, we got up, ate breakfast at the hotel and then walked downtown. Now it wasn't too hot at this point but we were a bit warm by the time we got there. The cars were all lined up and we walked from one to another just looking. At one point we lost Carl, because he looks a lot closer than we do. But he caught up later. Kaleigh was admiring an old blue Model T and the owner actually let her and Cole in it to sit and take a photo! Apparently not many do that! Then they liked the fire truck and the guy let them on that one too! There were a lot of other kids there, but I didn't see too many allowed on the cars!
So they felt pretty special! The same day we went and saw WallE at the movie theater. Cute. Then after dinner we went to the downtown cruise where they cruise around the downtown area and you can hear the engines and stuff. There were quite a few more at the cruise then were there in the morning. The other thing the kids and I did was a little shopping earlier. We found at the Hallmark store that the Christmas ornaments had premiered that day, so we took a look. I usually let the kids pick out one ornament a year and they chose their favorite from the ones that were newly out. I also picked one that went with where we were! There was an ornament of an old fire truck, almost identical to the one they got to sit on! Pretty cool!
1 comment:
I'm glad the exhaust didn't kill you.
I figured Carl would enjoy the muscle cars more than the Model T's, but I think those were kind of the focus this year.
Did you find the Umpqua truck & get ice cream? Or did you try the fried bread? Last time I just got a 100% fruit smoothie. That was nice and refreshing.
Post a Comment