Oops, forgot the sunscreen!
There are very few instances where I forget something as important as sunscreen. And to be totally fair, I didn't exactly forget, I just applied too hastely. In fact, I was rather disappointed in one of the spray sunscreens because it didn't spray-it squirted! Like in a stream! So of course in one of the photos you will see the results of my self squirt application!
Ok, so yesterday we decided to meet Kaleigh's 3rd grade teacher at the beach. She had sent a note saying they would be there on certain days and would love to see the children in her class and their families. So we decided to go. Now usually if I know we are going to be at the beach the whole day or most of the day I put the sunscreen on at home. That way the kids aren't itching to get away to play in the sand. Well, first of all, this was a beach we weren't all that familiar with so I wasn't thinking an all day deal. I guess I thought we would go for a couple of hours and then head home. Well, that didn't happen, the waves were really small and manageable so the kids tried a little boogie boarding and we were all having such a good time, well you know what they say! Time flew! So no problem, we are on our way home, thinking of what we are going to do for dinner, when I look down and notice my chest is a little red. So we get home, all take showers and well you know when you step into a nice white shower? You become a lot darker! And redder if you got burned! Well, the photos will explain. Just so you know the photos don't do the burn justice! It is worse than it looks! Kaleigh's isn't too bad, it doesn't bother her anyway. Mine bothers me. A lot! And no smart comments about the photos! And yes the bathing suit was new and goes a bit lower than my other ones!
Oh and one other tidbit! While we are at the beach, we are all just sitting there watching our kids and Carl (of course) says something quietly to me about some foreigners that are just about 4 yards away from us a little to the right. Apparently they are not aware that americans don't change willy nilly on the beach! So they are changing from street clothes to bathing suits then putting on a wetsuit and going in the ocean. Then instead of just leaving on the bathing suits, they change back into street clothes, until they are ready to go in the water again! We couldn't quite figure it out until we noticed that all the women (5) were sharing 2-3 bathing suits. Yuck!
Now, we had about 4 shows all together, and few little girls that noticed were pretty disgusted and went down to the water to escape it. Of course the frenchies ranged from about 25 years of age to about 70. All of them changed right out in the open. The only one that was a bit discreet was grandpa frenchy who took of his undies with is button down shirt still on and changed into his speedo under the cover of that shirt! Good thing the breeze hadn't picked up yet!
2 comments:
All of us are still pretty light except Connor, who has a lovely dark tan.
Sorry about your burn. I still like slathering on Noxema over anything else. It really helps take away the burn pain and I heal up so much faster than with Aloe Vera or anything else.
Interesting about those tourists on the beach... When we took Leonie & her parents on that hike, we went to the river like we did with you guys so Connor could throw more rocks.
There were some rather large people there as well, one of whom was wearing his boxer shorts (no suit!) and floating around in the river. Not only is that incredibly dangerous and stupid, but dang - when he'd get out of the water, he was barely covered at all.
When we left, I told Leonie we could have grabbed his clothes which were left unattended around a bend in the path. She said, "But then he would have to go home in his transparent underwear!" lol
funny! I actually went out and bought Noxema, because like you, I think it works the best! Kaleigh and Cole didn't like the smell though. Oh well, too bad for them!
I slathered a bunch on and I feel better today! Poor Kaleigh with her red luggage under her eyes!
Post a Comment