Acorns!! For you, Annamarie!

We had such a great time in Julien, the kids wanted a souvenier! So rather than spend money, they gathered Acorns! Just the bottoms mind you, there were tops but they were not as nice as the bottoms! The kids literally polished them until they shone! So for our dining room table I made a candle arrangement with the acorns the kids gathered and polished. Annamarie has such neat ideas for seasonal decorations! Steve does too! They decorate their house so beautifully! I am inspired! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
4 comments:
Too bad the 'hats' on top didn't look nice. I like those :)
I'm supposed to do an art project with my students. I'm thinking of collecting pine cones, spraying them with adhesive glue, and then putting them in a box with glitter.
The students can shake the box and get the art experience that way (well, we do hand-over-hand to help them shake).
Then we can string up the sparkly pinecones in our room :)
The acorns are very pretty though. The squirrels around here would eat them up before we could collect them I think.
I like your idea! You can also put a round piece of paper in a tub and then "marble" paint, maybe green and red? That can also be hung up as an ornament! They would be able to tip the tub to have the marbles move side to side and up and down.
We have already done marble-painting this year :P And leaf prints, and potato prints (cut into little cubes for indian corn). The trick is when the kids can't really do anything on their own, and you're trying to get them to have some way to participate. The ones that can see can at least pick colors, but most of our kids are blind as well. We had them use a switch to make a air popper pop corn, and then they stuck the popped corn on snowmen cut outs. We also dyed some of the corn with powdered tempera paint that we had them shake in baggies. That was fun :P
sounds like you really try to make it fun for them! Good Job! I can't imagine trying to do crafts with the kids without them doing most of it! I have enough trouble with the one with ADHD sitting still long enough to finish his crafts!
Post a Comment