Sunday, November 02, 2008




Pumpkins-Real vs. Fake




For the last couple of years I have carved fake pumpkins that I purchased very cheaply at Michael's. They are a resin or plastic of some sort and last forever! The only problem is that they are so hard to carve that you cannot do a lot of detail work unless you have wood carving tools! The normal pumpkin carving tools are too wimpy and will break if you are not careful. So the kids do not carve any part of the pumpkin, but they do design them. Last year, Kaleigh drew her face on and I carved it, and Cole basically just told me how to make the face. Then this year they just told me what they wanted.
The photo with the three pumpkins are the ones from last year. You have the cute surprised face, the cute baby face and the mean ol' face.
In the other photo are the pumpkins from this year. Kaleigh's butler-faced pumpkin (on the body of the skeleton) and Cole's Spongebob teethed pumpkin. They had fun coming up with the designs and we get a lot of compliments. Next year I may have to get at least one real one that Kaleigh can try carving!
Oh and sorry it is daylight, this was taken Nov 1st before they were put away!


No comments: