Kaleigh's first "Real" Girl Scout Outing...
Well, it has happened, Girl Scouts has dealt a blow we weren't prepared for. The first camp out with her troop is this weekend, today, tomorrow and coming home on Sunday. Not real close by either. Lake Arrowhead. I was going to go until I found out when it was! The same weekend as my Silent Auction at our Church! Well, as some of you know (mainly Tina), I started this Annual Silent Auction about 12 years ago, it was my baby and it has done really well in the years past. I Emcee it, I run it and it would most likely not go as well without me. It is tomorrow. Well, I know that Girl Scout stuff like this doesn't come about every month, so I really wanted Kaleigh to make her own mind up about it. She didn't really want to go without me, but she knew if she didn't go, she would hear about how fun it was from all her friends! Plus her best friend would have been upset. Well, I left it up to her and she had a few tears over it, since she was truly undecided for a long while! She finally decided it was better to try and possibly get a little homesick then to not go and be horribly disappointed because how fun everyone will make it out to be (even if it isn't that great, her friends will make her think it was, don't ask me why, must be a 9-10yr old thing). So she is at this moment up at Lake Arrowhead, in most likely a gorgeous cabin, having a great ol time. I told her she was more than welcome to call me and talk to me if she missed me but so far everything is good. We will see a little closer to bed time whether or not she is handling it well. More on this later.... I miss her though....sniff.
3 comments:
Aw! Good job, Mom!
I'm glad you gave her the chance to make the decision, and were okay with what she decided.
Really, it's a good thing to let her do this solo. She will miss you too, but at the same time, she's getting more independent and that goes a long way toward her confidence & leadership ability.
I hope she has a blast & good luck with your auction!!
:)
Hey---let Carl know I got the special permission I needed from the Chief re: Saturday. There are still plenty of things that could monkey it up (red flag warnings, mechanical failures, big fires) but for now everything's a go! We can't wait to have a reunion-reunion!
Well, let's just hope the fires up here don't get much bigger or they will call you guys up here!
It is really icky up here right now and I am a little worried about Kaleigh getting back home tomorrow! They are coming from the Arrowhead and the 57 is closed as well as some of the other freeways. Give me some Fire nugget of hope ok?
Post a Comment