Sunday, September 20, 2009

Halloween 2009!

Ok, so yes, my kids still dig Halloween! I kind of hope that never changes! We enjoy coming up with ideas and this year was no different...well, kind of. Kaleigh was undecided and finally decided to be the same thing as last year. A Mime. She loved doing it and enjoying the attention she got from her mimery!
Cole had a really hard time coming up with something, so we decided to take a trip to one of those big temporary Halloween stores. He looked around and was still on the fence between a Luke Skywalker costume (we would just get the idea from the costume, I would make it) he liked the dark costume, or Indiana Jones.
We finally decided on black clothed Luke and we were on our way out when we saw all these cool sun glasses! So he and Kaleigh tried on all these sunglasses.
There was one pair Cole tried on that could be used for 3 costumes. Either a robot, an 80's or future rock star or Spongebob at the end of the Spongebob Movie, where he sings his songs and foils Planktons plans. In any case, Cole chose to be a rock star. (I was happier about that than the possibility of making a Spongebob rock star! Whew! Anyway, we decided to wait to make the rest of his costume til next weekend. We will go to thrift stores to get some jeans we can rip up and a black t shirt we can also rip and splatter paint on. Then we will get some wrist bands and I will draw tatoos on his arms and we will spike his hair orange (his choice on color), and that should just about do it! If you want to see what they look like, I will post after we go to Mickey's Trick or Treat on October 8th. It should be fun. Kaleigh was a mime last year so you can check the archives of my blog and see what she looked like! : )

4 comments:

flyingvan said...

It's good you're recycling Kaleigh's costume. A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

Unknown said...

If I had a reason to dress up, this year I would be an ACORN pimp!

keeka said...

Ummm...I don't even want to know.

I want to be a dead paintball player. All I would have to do is have Carl shoot me with his paintball gun over and over and over, so that I am completely covered in paint....NOT. I know how much he would love to help me with that one and it would be a little scary!

Tina said...

Connor will be Toon Link - that's the Link you play on the Wii game. He went with that because of Diana's Link costume.

Really easy to make. It's a light-green long-sleeved shirt with a long dark green vest & belt.

Link wears leggings, but I think we'll go with sweat pants :P And he has cowboy boots he can use for Link's boots :) It will be cute. :)