Headache Journey Part 2
I went to the ENT doctor today...my appointment was for 4:15, I got there at around 3:50. I waited until 5:30 before I even made it into a room! The waiting room was full when I got there and I was the second to the last one in...sigh. Then, the doctor showed me the "slides" of my CT scan and other than a deviated septum, my sinuses are basically clear. So back to square one. He recommended a headache specialist (neurologist) in the area (actually he is just across a major street from this office) and ordered an MRI this time so I go in prepared with my sinus slides and I will have the MRI slides as well. That way I get it all in in one shot! Hopefully the office is not so crazy crowded like this one is! I have to make sure I leave enough time for waiting. I wonder if ENT doctors just have a lot of patients due to allergies and things vs the neurologist?
I hope that is the case, 'cause I don't want to wait around for 2 hours again!
So I am looking at either migraines that have somehow migrated to another part of my head...or something completely different. Hmmm....an adventure to be sure...well, not really. I just want my head to stop hurting!
4 comments:
Deviated septum? What does that do? Make you snore?
This process of elimination to figure out what it isn't so you can find out what it IS takes so long. Ugh.
I keep telling Trevor to invent a Star Trek medical tricorder. It would save so much time!!
I will keep praying. In the meantime, keep drinking lots of water. I get headaches when I'm not hydrated enough, and teachers typically don't drink all day just because we can't get to the restroom easily...
(((hugs)))
Once Obamacare is complete, you won't have to wait anymore! Plus it'll all be free!
The fact they did not find anything, makes me wonder if the pain is just in your head.
*pun intended*
yeah, I thought so too...I almost said that to the last doctor (he reminded me of you Lee, maybe 10 years in the future). I commented on another doctor that wouldn't see me until I had had all the tests done, and he said, "Yeah, he's a princess"...heehee.
Post a Comment