
My Classroom's Transition from Old Nursery to Three Year Old Preschool Garden room.
So at the end of the new school year I decided to take a teaching position. Two days a week teaching 3 year olds. A little scary. Then we found out that we would be getting new rooms that the church was using as nursery rooms. Pretty cool. But they would not be released for a while. Hmmm, another scary thing. Most teachers get a headstart on preparing their classrooms for the next year. We were allowed to look at the rooms to get ideas, but nothing more than that. So above is a photo of what my classroom looked like. So then over the summer I checked in often to see if they had done anything with the room. Everytime I came in the answer was no. So I then went on my vacations and we just enjoyed summer. Then on August 12th we came back from our last vacation and I checked in again. Well, they then gave me the date of August 22, approximately 2 weeks from when school started! Very scary. Then they decided that they couldn't match the paint with the paint on the ceiling so they decided to "shoot" the whole room! Which meant another delay. That brings us to Friday, August 25th. The day I could actually move some things in. I am like a racehorse stuck behind the starting gate, literally chomping on the bit to get started! So Friday I take the kids and we move a large load of toys and supplies into the classroom. Not everything is totally done, but enough to put a lot away. The kids did ok for 3 hours then we had to leave. I took them out to lunch and we called it a day. See part 2, next post.....
1 comment:
Welcome to the school system! It's amazing what teachers go through to get ready for the new year sometimes. Hopefully next year, you get to stay put and not have to move anything but new kid information :)
Post a Comment