Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sick!
Well, we made it through the holidays and even the new year (barely) without any sickies in our house. Well, that has all changed. Kaleigh was the first, she came down with a slight cold on Martin Luther King Day, no big deal, it was the weekend and it was relatively short lived. Then Cole got sick at the beginning of February, also a sniffle with a bit of a cough, missed one day of school. Did ok. Then Kaleigh again, last Wednesday, came down with another case of the sniffles. No fever, but she looked a little tired. So we made it through the end of the week, figuring she would most likely get over it by the end of the weekend especially since Monday was a holiday. Well, Sunday she came down with a fever and was quiet all day, then Monday she was better until about 5pm when the fever came back. She felt ok though. Even so, we stayed home yesterday and she had no fever at all the entire day so this morning she went back to school. So this morning, I was feeling a bit yucky, so once I took the kids to school and watched Cole in chapel do his Valentine poem, I came home took some airborne and went back to bed. I also took Tylenol, thinking I might have a fever. Now your probably asking, "why not take your temp to know for sure?" Well, that is easier said than done in our house. Yesterday Kaleigh broke our old thermometer (the one that works the best) and we now have a new mercury free one, and ear one and a digital one. When I took my temp this morning, one said 97.1, one said 99.7 and the last one said 100. So who knows what my temp was! So I ordered from ebay another of the old fashioned thermometers. I seriously doubt that it will break so I am not too worried about the mercury and stuff. Kaleigh broke our old one but not while it was in her mouth, it just slipped out of her mouth onto the floor, no mercury got on her and she didn't cut her feet on the glass, so all is fine. I am hoping that I am not going to be sick for Valentine's Day, but if I am I will do my best to medicine up and make it through the day! Pray that if I get sick that it waits till Friday!!

No comments: