Wow, has it been 15 years already?
Well, Carl and I celebrated 15 years of marraige yesterday. It was a work day for both of us and we decided to have the kids go to Grandma and Grandpa's and go and have a really nice dinner. For the last couple of years we have been going to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary and we decided to do the same this year. The food is phenomenal and even though it is pretty expensive (about $150.00) with salad, meat, 3 sides and dessert and drinks, it is soooo worth it! The steak (filet) melts in your mouth with a buttery garlic seasoning, and the sides are great too! We chose the Sweet potato casserole, asparagus with hollandaise, and shoestring fries. Caeser salad came first and after the main course I had creme brulee and Carl has berries with cream. They also make a mean white peach bellini and Carl enjoyed some Guiness. We always try to get there early, about 5:30 and that way we are home as the kids are going to bed.
We only do this type of dinner once a year and it is so worth the time and money!
For those who only eat vegetarian they do have a roasted Portabello mushroom and of course the sides have a lot of choices too! Yuuuuuummmmmmmyyyyy!
4 comments:
Glad to hear I won't have to empty beers by myself when you make it down. In August we'll ditch Lee and drain a few. Don't hold your breath for prime rib, though.
Lee likes Mike's Hard Lemonade.
I like most mixed drinks or wine. I do NOT like beer.
Happy Anniversary Keeka & Carl! I'm glad you had a nice dinner together. Sounds like a very nice place. Lee said they have some of the best steak in the world :) Not that he's been there, but he hears things...
Well, I hate beer and prime rib. We like more of the filet mignon and stuff. But if your going to have beer, it has to be something dark or Carl will poo-poo it. hehe
Wel, then, we'll have him bring the beer and everyone will be happy. BTW my favorite it Lindemann's Kriek if you can find it.
Post a Comment