Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick...cont.
Ok, so now it is my turn. I made it through Valentine's Day, but I wasn't 100% that is for sure! I went to work, went to the kids Valentine's Parties, and then I brought the kids home and I tried to crash, but Cole had a project that needed doing and Kaleigh needed help with her homework so resting would have to wait. Then I made the kids their dinner (something simple, thank goodness), and then started Carl and my Valentine's dinner. Every year we go out on our anniversary and every Valentine's Day I make our usual. Salmon patties, pineapple beets and some sort of starch. Noodles, rice and last night was a baked potato. Nothing really fancy. I am surprised I made it through making dinner at all! But I did, so even though there was no fancy dessert(I wasn't going to attempt that) I did get some nice chocolates from the kids in my class, so Carl got to share those with me. All in all, not the most romantic Valentine' s Day, but I made it through and that is all I can ask. Today, it would not have been possible for me to work, I truly feel miserable. Head feels like it is ready to explode, tired (even though after the kids took off in the carpool I slept till 10:30), and somewhat achey too. At least so far it is still in my head and there is a bit of a cough too.
Ah....the joys of February!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Well, get plenty of rest! Drink lots of fluids too.

We had a very toned-down Valentine's Day. Lee & I had TOPS, and then we were just going to get something fast, so we went to Taco Bell. After waiting in the drive-thru for 15 minutes, we get to the order window and they are out of beans!! That makes it impossible for us to get dinner. I think we're going to have to complain to someone. In December they ran out of a bunch of stuff too...

So we went to Subway and the Salmon sandwich is back (yay!) so I got that. Then we went home and watched "So I Married an Axe Murderer" because Diana had never seen it. We were doing fine until the end when Mike Myers is running around on the roof trying to escape, and then the DVD stopped.

This DVD has the movie in the two different formats on the same disc, so we flipped over from wide-screen to see the end. The movie stopped in the same spot!

Our DVD player works just fine - there were scratches on the DVD itself.

Oh well.

I got a heart box of chocolates - so I'm good!

keeka said...

yeah, ours was pretty tame too, but I am feeling better today (monday) so I will probably go to work tomorrow. Yippee.
But it is better than being at home again! I am getting a little stir crazy, and Carl is still working! He comes home for dinner and then the next morning he is off again. So basically two weekends in a row! And as much as I am glad for him making some extra money, I did not appreciate him being gone while I was feeling icky. Plus he promised to take the kids to breakfast this morning and that was put on me too! Good thing I felt better! Grrrrr.

flyingvan said...

Glad you're feeling better....If we're trading recipes, A.M. wants to know about pineapple beets; both pineapples and beets are popular at our house

keeka said...

It is a yummy side dish! Carl's mom gave me the recipe when we were first married. I was good the first couple of years when I actually cut the beets into heart shapes, but I don't anymore, I figure they are the right color, why waste the beets? I will post the recipe for all to see!

flyingvan said...

I thankee. When I'm back home I'm gonna try it. I might add tarragon but only if A.M. isn't looking