Affenschaukel (Monkey Swings)
When I was young, my mom would braid my hair into long braids and then curl them under and tie them with a ribbon. My mom called this hairstyle Affenschaukel or monkey swings. A while back when Kaleigh's hair got long enough, I showed her Affenschaukel on one of my school photos. She liked them and asked me to do her hair like that. Her friends loved it and even copied the style for a few days after that (my little trendsetter, just like her Omi). I explained what Affenschaukel meant and she laughed. We didn't do affenschaukel for a while but now that she is ready to cut her hair (this thursday, Yay!), she wants to take photos of all the hairstyles that we have done for school. So yesterday we did affenschaukel and she has these little monkeys that she got out of a vending machine, so she put one on one of the affenschaukel so this time they were real affenschaukel! Cute huh?
1 comment:
Cute cute cute!!!
I love the monkey!
Post a Comment