Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dentist -Nuff Said (if you know me)
So Kaleigh and Cole had to go to the dentist for their 6 month check up and cleaning. Kaleigh is getting to the point where she gets a little nervous going and Cole feeds off of her nervousness. I am nervous too because I don't like the dentist's office, even if I am not going to be sitting in the evil chair. I am a dental phobic. Better now than I was before but still not like the normal person.
Getting back to K and C. They went in and were done a little earlier than I thought. I talked to the dentist and asked if he pulled the teeth that were dying in their mouths (both K and C do not wiggle loose teeth). He said they should come out soon. I said, "well, they don't chew on that side, they don't brush on that side and they certainly don't wiggle the teeth that are loose. They have been this way a long time. Can't you just pull them out now?" He said sure, so he did. I really like this dentist. I have been fighting with the kids to brush well and eat normally but they are so tentative near their "loose" teeth that they avoid any and all contact with said teeth! They will never come out on their own! So he pulled one in Cole and two for Kaleigh. They are a little down about it because they have gauze in their mouth for a bit, but it is better than the teeth breaking in their gums which is what happened to Kaleigh last time! That required a lot of gauze!
So, at least we are done for another 6 months. I told them again...WIGGLE YOUR LOOSE TEETH!!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Connor just eats his loose teeth - either that or they fall out while he's asleep and we step on them later...

I'll bet your kids leave their scabs alone & don't pick at them either.

:)

flyingvan said...

We were at the mall and there was a kid missing a leg...I told the kids that limbs are like teeth--once you outgrow your babylegs they fall off and your adult ones grow in their place.

keeka said...

STEVE!!!

Kaleigh would TOTALLY FREAK!

And yes, Tina they do leave their scabs alone.

I told them if they don't wiggle their teeth, they will get nothing from the tooth fairy, because she likes whole teeth that don't break easily.