Part III
17 Mile Drive
So on our way home from Monterey, the grown ups decided (count me a kid on this one) that we would do the scenic 17 Mile Drive. I was ok with it for me, but not really for a 4, 8 and 10 year old. Which, just so happened is what was in the car with us! I was outnumbered, so we went. Well, the first surprise was that it costs $9.25 per car to travel this particular stretch of road. Since no one had been on it in a while, no one expected this. So we scrounged up the money, and drove. Most of the trip was really very nice...again, for the grown ups. The kids did ok, however, especially when we stopped on the beach or looked at some neat trees. I think my favorite part was the stop where we were able to walk a path to the "Ghost Tree". I think I captured the essence of said tree. Ooooh...spooky! I do like spooky trees.
So, the drive was almost over when we got to Pebble Beach. Then the traffic started. We got off at a lesser trafficky area, but it wasn't much better. We did get to see downtown Carmel. Nice place, very rich. But it took more time to get through the traffic than the entire 17 mile drive!
All in all, it was worth it....to the grown ups. We then had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get back to Craig and Lisa's house. The kids did really well, considering, and we did treat them to McDonalds. We just drove through and let the kids eat in the car. This was Will's first time eating in the car and he loved it!
2 comments:
Did everyone line up for that beach shot? Or did they just stand that way?
That is what is so funny! I just caught them that way! On both beach photos! Isn't that a hoot?
Hey did you like my hat in the tree photo?
And the Ghost tree looks spooky huh?
Post a Comment