Thursday, August 06, 2009

New Classroom for 2009-2010 Year- Yay!










So this is my new classroom. I was sharing with another teacher last year and it was a little frustrating because I have 4 year olds and she has 3 year olds, so our class never really looked "together". Different stuff on bulletin boards etc. So this year I am moving into the previous 5 day 4 year old class that is next to my friend....get this....Carolyn! Carolyn D, was Cole's teacher in 4 year olds and now we are neighbors. We get a long great and I get my own room! So the photos are as follows.... Top photo-bulletin board with no background is the bulletin board that has the calendar and such on it. The door in the photo actually looks into another 4 year old class. This one being a new 4's teacher, Carrie. Next photo- (the one with K yawning) are the other two big bulletin boards that I get! The door is the entry door to the classroom, where the kids come in...cubbies are to the left of the door. Next photo- the cubbies and the reading corner, that will be changed up a bit, since I am bringing in different colored valances for the windows. Want everything to matchy matchy! On the other side of the room divider is Carolyn D's room. We will be taking turns doing science and language. I do science she does language. She sends her kids over to do science and I send mine over to do language. Of course the maximum students per teacher are 12 to 1, so we have to be in the room, but we can prepare for the next order of business, which is kind of neat. Last photo- again, the calendar bulletin board and the cabinets to the right that still have stuff in them (left by previous teacher) will be emptied out and reorganized. A lot of work but definately worth it! Oh, in most of the photos you see the tables with all of the toys....they won't all fit, but these are the toys my kids had that are a little young for them so I will be filling up the toy cabinet (found in the upper right photo under the darker blue bulletin board) with these toys. We are going on vacation for a week and when I get back, I will be working everyday until my room is ready! Whew. I look forward to the challenge!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Looking good! I'm glad you're excited about the coming year. When do you actually start with kids?

We start on Aug 31st.

keeka said...

I go back to work on Aug 31st, but that is for room prep. We meet our kids at "Meet Your Teacher" day on September 4th. Then the actual first day of school is the Tuesday after Labor Day. I start Wednesday the 9th of course because I teach MWF class. Yay!
Kaleigh and Cole start Tues. Sept 8th. So, are you excited about doing something a little different?