Loosing teeth, left and right and left again...
Ok, so Kaleigh has had two loose teeth for about 2 months, and I was noticing they weren't getting any looser (she doesn't like to wiggle them) and were starting to look kind of weird. One had a red streak through it and when I asked the dentist about it he said teeth become more transparent the longer they are dead in the mouth. So yesterday Cole complained his tooth was "looser" than before and within 5 minutes had pulled it out himself, good for him! Kaleigh on the other had went in today to have both teeth pulled. One problem was that her mouth is so crowded that the teeth were either pinned against the permenant teeth or they were being pushed straight out. So she was a little nervous going in and it took a while (but we found out later it was mostly wait time) but they are out as you can see by the red area it was a little inflamed. The other sides tooth was already there, you can see it already and the other tooth that was pulled was kind of just hanging on behind it. Of course eventually the dentist will be pulling both eye teeth to make more room on top, but I was glad it wasn't today, she had enough with the two that were mostly healed already! We will also make sure we don't let her know ahead of time what will be happening. She does great when it just happens on the day we bring her in with no notice.. Hmmm.... a lot like someone else I know....the worst part of the dentist is the anticipation of what is to come...yikes!
Well, I just thought I'd share this bit of growing up with a 6 and 8 year old! Though a lot of you are past it! Now we are all done with doctors and dentists and ready for our vacation! wOOT!
1 comment:
Good to be all ready to go! I'm glad those ones from K got out now. It wouldn't have been good to leave on vacation with them hanging on, huh?
See you soon!
Post a Comment