Saturday, July 14, 2007

A New Favorite Author- Kay Hooper

I have a bit of trouble when it comes to reading books. I run out of them! I have a few authors that I really like and I read all of their books, and then have to wait for the next one. Well, being the impatient person that I am, I look for new authors in the same genre that appeal to me. My latest method is to go to the library and read the back of the paperbacks in the Mystery/Thriller section. I read the back of a Kay Hooper novel and it sounded interesting so I borrowed it. I read it and had a really hard time putting it down (a sure sign of a good book). Some of the authors like that for me are Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwall and Kathy Reichs. Kay Hooper, however, is a bit different. Something new that I find that I like. Hers is the typically serial killer murders with the detectives baffled but smart, but they aren't getting anywhere, so they call in a special FBI unit, the SCU Task Force. Special Crimes Unit. Now of course no one knows why they are special until they start using special abilities like Clairvoyance and Telepathy. It makes for a very interesting read. What I really like is that the killer (not always serial) is always someone you've met in the storyline somewhere, sometimes a bit part or in other cases a major role. I don't think any have ever been made into movies but it would be one I would see! So if you are a Thriller/Mystery/Crime reader, these books are for you! There are Trilogies, "Stealing Shadows", "Hiding in the Shadows", and "Out of the Shadows", then "Touching Evil", "Whisper of Evil", and "Sense of Evil" The trilogy I haven't read yet is the Thief Trilogy. There are a few others too, which I will be looking into. But these are definitely a good read!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Rita left a Mary Higgins Clark here by mistake. I will probably read it if I get a chance.

Other than that, Harry Potter - we ordered it from Amazon and we should be getting it on the 21st! Diana wants to attend the book party til midnight at our Waldenbooks - even tho she's just gonna be back from Germany. That's okay.

We might see the film during the day first. Lee & Trevor saw it yesterday ;)

keeka said...

Hey if your kids finish it before we come can I borrow it? Or will you be reading it? hehe.

Tina said...

I expect we'll have it read by all 4 of us before you get here. :)

keeka said...

I figured, heehee!
Looking forward to it, but NO TELLING! That means you too LEE!