He#@ Week at School
(bad word above, in case you couldn't tell : P)
I never realized what being "accredited" meant when it comes to preschools. Now that I work at one and this year was an "accreditation" year, my boss, went loopy! Apparently accreditation teams look at everything! So this last week has been really stressful and very physically draining. My boss, who by the way is somewhat obsessive compulsive about cleanliness, was having me scrub things after the cleaning crew had already cleaned the same thing! I have been "sprucing up" the parent information board, making sure all 13 emergency kits were well stocked and spiffy, plus helping any teachers with maintenance reports and whatnot. Needless to say, we at the school will be ecstatic when this visit is over.
We apparently will be interviewed and observed as well. Sigh... great someone will ask me about how much I like my job...well, how can I put a positive spin on changing poopy accidents? Hmmmmm, well I guess I will leave that part out of it.
I do have an opportunity if they ask me what my future goals are, to say I want to be a preschool art teacher, seeing as how they need it at this school very badly. All you see around this school is coloring in the lines, crafts and copying. No free art at all!
They wanted to see more of it last time they came through and I am hoping that will be the push that will get me that position next year.
I even went in today (on a Sunday), to finish cleaning and setting up the "Interview" room, helping set up display tables, etc. Worked from 1:30 until 4:00 when the Accreditation team actually showed up! They were supposed to arrive at 4:30 so I kind of creeped out the back! Everything I was responsible got done, so I just have to do my job the next three days and hopefully nothing will go wrong!
I will give you all an update most likely at the end of the week! Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Good luck!!!
That sounds like a huge pain, but on the plus side, the parents should be happy about that!
When we started our year at our school, I checked the 5 first aid kits around the room (it's a big room) and NONE of them had all the stuff they needed. We had to throw out most of the gloves & we wound up with one almost-complete first aid kit. Sheesh.
That was just me checking stuff. We all had to do CPR & First Aid, but that won't help much if you don't have the dang supplies! I keep a first aid kit in my car, since I have to have one with Girl Scouts, so at least if worst comes to worst, I can run out to my car & get supplies.
Well, you can relax after Wednesday then! We are out for Spring Break this week. I'm just cleaning my house & doing yard stuff.
:)
Post a Comment