ON BEING A "MESSIE"
I just figured out a while back (a month or so) that I am a "messie". This is a condition that is actually quite well known and there is literally a support group that can be joined by going to www.messies.com it is a very supportive group and they do keep one inspired and motivated. I have always been somewhat of a slob and I am having a hard time teaching my kids to clean up when I am not the most tidy person around. I don't mean to say that my house is not clean, it just takes a very long time to tidy before the cleaning gets done!
Most of the time I look around and think, "I really have to clean up this place" and then I never know when or where to start, so I don't! If this sounds at all familiar, check out a book called "The Messies Manual" by Sandra Felton. It helps you to know whether you are a "messie" or not. I have been working on decluttering for about a month now, and the diningroom and office have been tidy for about that long. It is nice because that is the entrance to the house and it is not bad when you first walk in. The livingroom/family room is not as tidy, but that is going to be a pretty big job, with all the toys and stuff that has no particular place in the house. I am doing some major tossing too. Biting the bullet and just getting rid of it instead of saying, "oooh, that could be used for this...or that" It is not easy but I am doing a little at a time.
That and knitting are my two passions right now!
Hope you enjoyed the previous post and photos of my littlen's.
1 comment:
I need 1/2 hour before anyone shows up and I'm okay for most stuff. I do big cleanings before our Open House at Christmastime, and I go thru each room thoroughly during the summer.
This year, I'm going thru all the junk in the basement. If it's still in the original packing boxes from California, I'm guessing we REALLY don't need it 10 years later...
I'd say I'm only a psuedo-messie. And I'm positive that will improve once my teenagers are grown & on their own (now *they* are both true messies!).
:)
Post a Comment