It Rained and it Poured...
Wow, what a dreary but productive day it was! The rain came down and washed away all of our smog, yeaa.
But staying inside all day was a little well, perplexing. Do I clean? Do I knit? Do I plan an elaborate dinner?
Well, I ended up doing a little of everything. Cleaned up the family room, knit a bit of a scarf I am making for a friend, and made dinner.
Sometimes I wonder about dinner.
I wonder a lot.
My family is full of picky eaters, my kids eat almost 2 hours before we do (Carl doesn't come home til 7:15pm), so I am making two meals a night, one of which consists of hot dogs, mac and cheese, grill cheese, pizza or a chicken bowl. Not much other than that. Oh plain chicken with corn too.
Then later I make a whole new meal for Carl and myself. A major pain in the patootie!
If you had a choice between a maid, a chef or a nanny which would it be?
You probably know my answer to that!
Funny thing is I love preparing entertaining food (that comes from when I worked as a Pampered Chef consultant) I still enjoy making and eating appetizers and dessert. I would be set if the family were the same!
Hmmmm, what can I do over and over again with chicken, Hamburger meat or pasta, aaarrrgghhh!
Making dinner is just plain, well lets put it this way, when we went on a cruise in November of '04 my favorite part was not planning or making meals....aaaahhh, heaven!
1 comment:
I try to make more or less family-type meals, but extra on the starches, since that's what Connor & Trevor like best.
So if I do a stir-fry, Lee, Diana & I eat the veggies & tofu & rice, Trevor eats the veggies & rice, Connor eats the rice. So it's not so much making different stuff as it is making enough of what we'll need. Connor can eat the whole dang pot of rice on his own, so I double the recipe (2 cups rice/4 cups water).
Tonight it's Spaghetti in honor of Connor's birthday. He likes fresh french bread & lots of "shaky cheese" on his noodles. Trevor will eat his sans sauce. Diana, Lee & I eat it the normal way.
:)
Post a Comment